Today the OSN Spotlight shines on Madison Garza!
• Northwestern Rangers softball
• Hometown: Edna, Texas
• Majoring in health and sports science and expected to graduate May 2018
• “In high school, I played volleyball, softball and ran track. My sophomore year I knew I wanted to play college softball, so I decided to quit all my other sports and focus directly on softball.”
• Favorite team: “Obviously my Northwestern Oklahoma State Lady Rangers softball team! I’ve grown so much with these girls and I am extremely blessed to have met every single one of them.
• Favorite sports moment-personal: Throwing a no hitter against Arkansas-Monticello.
• Favorite sports moment-overall: Getting a win against No. 3 nationally-ranked Southern Arkansas. Both were huge moments in my life and showed the potential and strength of our team.”
• What do you like most about NWOSU? How friendly everyone is and the small-town feel.
• Who do you most look up to? “My dad. He saw something in me at age 8 and believed in me ever since. He has spent countless hours with me in the backyard catching me everyday over the years. He pushed me to be the best I could possibly be and to never give up on my dream of playing college softball. I am here today because of him.”
• Goals: “To do my best to help my team make it to the conference tournament this year and the next.
After graduation, my goal is to become a Physicians Assistant. I have always wanted a career in helping others.”