Today the OSN Spotlight, presented by Blackbeard Marine, shines on Mahina Sauer!
• Southern Nazarene softball
• Hometown: Mililani, Hawai’i
• Nursing major expected to graduate May 2021
• Favorite players: Kelena Sauer, my brother
• Favorite sports moment – personal: Winning in the semis of the 2018 GAC tournament for the first time in school history.
• Favorite sports moment – overall: “Knowing that I could play softball at the college level when I committed to SNU.”
• What do you like most about SNU? “I like the size. Being at a small school made the transition from high school to college a lot easier. I’ve made a lot of great friends over the past two years, which also made the transition from Hawaii to Oklahoma a lot easier too.”
• Who do you most look up to? “My parents. They are the most selfless people that I know and I’m grateful for all that they’ve given me.”
• Goals “To continue to have fun with my teammates and being the best teammate that I can be. And to win the GAC Tournament.”