Here are five talking points for conversation about Oklahoma sports on Saturday, Mar. 23:
• USAO survives and advances. The Drovers earned a 76-63 win over Wiley College and move on in the NAIA Men’s Basketball Tournament to face William Carey less than 12 hours later. Dedrian Parmer crossed the 1,000-point mark in the victory.
• Tailee Redding hit three home runs on the day for Rogers State, including a walkoff, and helped the Hillcats’ softball team to two wins in a doubleheader at home against Newman.
• Cameron put up 20 runs in the second game of a doubleheader with Tarleton State. Pierce Khan led the way for the Aggies, going 4-for-5 with 6 RBI and scoring five times.
• Oklahoma won in the first round of the NCAA Tournament and was in control throughout, beating Ole Miss, 95-72.
• Southeastern played its first GAC baseball games since a hit-and-run accident involving team member Joseph Cerda on Saturday in Monticello, Ark. The Savage Storm fell twice in a doubleheader at home with Southern Arkansas. SE won a midweek game, 9-8, at UCO on Tuesday.