Here are five talking points for conversation about Oklahoma sports on Sunday, Mar. 24:
• The USAO Drovers gave it all they had and the game with William Carey went the distance and beyond. But USAO falls in OT to WCU, 102-98. [Bonus talking point: It’s worth noting that USAO played the final game on Friday and the first game on Saturday – a VERY tough road to continue in the tournament.]
• Oklahoma Panhandle State put 34 runs on the board in a split on Saturday. Yes, a SPLIT. A 6-5 loss was followed by a 29-2 win over Langston. It was the most runs scored by a Meghan Mulcahy team and both teams have 13 wins on the year.
• Oklahoma State finishes third as a team in the NCAA Championships. Derrick White and Daton Fix finish as national runners-up in the heavyweight and 133-pound classes, respectively.
• USAO in on the Top 5 twice today. The Drovers’ softball team are the defending NAIA national champions are 25-0 on the season so far and have won 32 straight.
• NSU softball has won nine of the last 10. The game with Concordia-St. Paul was canceled on Saturday, but the RiverHawks went 3-1 in Emporia this week.