Here are five talking points for conversation about Oklahoma sports on Monday, Mar. 25:
• The Oklahoma Christian softball team has won nine of its last 10 (a nine-game winning streak was stopped on Friday) and sits at 23-6 overall. The Lady Eagles lead the Heartland Conference standings at 7-3.
• UCO is ranked No. 4 in tennis and with a win over Fort Hays State this weekend has now won seven in a row.
• Oklahoma got to the second round of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament, but ran into a tough draw in top-seeded Virginia. The Sooners fell, 63-51, on Sunday night.
• Northwestern went 5-0 last week in baseball. The Rangers swept Ouachita to close the week, their second sweep of a conference opponent this season.
• Coming out of Spring Break, only six high school baseball teams in the state remain undefeated: Blanchard (14-0), Calera (9-0), Clayton (12-0), Fletcher (9-0), Silo (9-0) and Spiro (7-0).