From NWOSU Sports Info.
Jay Lee, Sports Information Director
Score: Henderson State 25 – Northwestern 17
Records: HSU (2-1, 2-1 GAC) – Northwestern (1-2, 1-2 GAC)
Location: Ranger Field – ALVA, Okla.
ALVA – The third week of the season saw the Reddies of Henderson State come to Ranger Field as Northwestern would fall to the visitors by a final score of 25-17 on Military Appreciation Day.
- Reid Miller would throw for a total of 225 yards as he went 29-58 during the game with one touchdown pass.
- Arte’ Miura Jr. would lead the Rangers in receiving as he totaled 75 yards on six receptions and one touchdown reception.
- Charles Davis Jr. led the way on the ground totaling 47 yards on 12 carries.
- Jordan Norris would have a huge impact in the secondary as he was able to come up with two total interceptions, one in which he returned for a touchdown.
- Devin Peyton led the Ranger defense with a total of 19 tackles on the evening with one tackle for a loss.
- Jacoby Beasley would total two sacks on the defensive front in the match-up as well.
- Henderson State opened the game up with a kickoff returned for six which certainly swung the momentum in their favor.
- The Reddies would enter the fourth quarter with a 25-3 lead.
- Northwestern was able to mount a comeback on the impact play of a Norris interception returned for a touchdown.
- A 55 yard touchdown pass from Miller to Miura Jr. would close the gap and make it a single score game late in the fourth quarter at 17-25.
News & Notes
- Tonight’s game was Military Appreciation Day.
- The Rangers would score a total of 14 points late in the fourth quarter but their comeback would ultimately come up short against the Reddies.
Northwestern will hit the road next week where they will take the field against the Tigers of Ouachita Baptist ( for a 7:00 p.m. match-up in Arkadelphia, Ark. on September 26. (2-1, 2-1 GAC).