From NWOSU Sports Info.
Jay Lee, Sports Information Director
Score: Southeastern 16 – Northwestern 31
Records: SOSU (3-3, 3-3 GAC) – NW (2-4, 2-4 GAC)
Location: Ranger Field – Alva, Okla.
ALVA – Northwestern Oklahoma State Football took down the Savage Storm of Southeastern Oklahoma State this afternoon to claim the overall victory when everything was said and done by a final score of 31-16.
- Reid Miller threw for 236 yards and three touchdowns on 24-of-39 passing.
- Miller accumlated 47 total yards on the ground to lead the rushing attack for Northwestern, while Charles Davis Jr. finished the contest with 36 yards.
- Jordan Norris continued to add to his interception total on the year as he tallied for two more on the day against the Savage Storm.
- Devin Peyton led the way in tackles this afternoon with 13.
- Justin Schanbacher caught five big passes for 60 yards while Arte’ Miura Jr.brought in three catches for 57 yards and a TD. Jeson Jeanty also recorded a score on the afternoon.
- Joby Saint Fleur added a total of four sacks on the defensive side of the ball as well for the black-and-red.
- The Rangers got off to a hot start in this match-up as the home team put up a total of 21 unanswered points by the start of the second quarter of play on two Miller passes through the air and one on the ground from him as well.
- Despite a Southeastern score late in the second quarter, the Rangers were able to hold onto the overall momentum and put up 10 more points in the second half to seal the 31-16 victory over the Savage Storm.
News & Notes
- Jordan Norris has had two interceptions per game in the last three contests to put his season tally up to six.
- First win on homecoming since 2013, which was also against Southeastern.
- First win at home on the new turf at Ranger Field.
- Saint Fleur’s sacks total of four was the most of any single Ranger in a game this season.
Northwestern Football will continue their home-stand as they will host the Bison of Oklahoma Baptist next Saturday, Oct. 17 at Ranger Field at 2 p.m.